Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 9 February 2012

Viking

Again something a little different. Part of the painting challenge is to complete a Viking for Curt. As you might expect I decided to play around with one. This is a Crusader Miniatures figure with an arm removed and replaced with one with a sword - after all you can't have too many weapons can you. The shield had a strap created from flattened wire and attached to the figure. The design on the shield is painted freehand. I also had the order for basing material turn up from Antenocitis Workshop - nice and promptly too, an excellent choice of grasses, cork, pumice ,and slate chippings has now been laid in.

7 comments:

  1. Curt will be well chuffed with this little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a nice looking figure and good work on the conversions again.

    I have yet to do my Viking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have just come across your excellent blog.
    Superb work all round.
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat - and Ditto - stunning work on yours... inspirational in fact

      Delete
  4. I'm sure Curt will be very pleased with this addition! A very nice job, well done Sir!!

    ReplyDelete