Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 30 June 2014

Wartorn Weekend - Scarborough

Its been a weekend of gaming  and general enjoyment over at the the annual weekend show in Scarborough.

We took the opportunity to run participation games - playing 6 in all , we were pretty busy. I have posted more pictures of the games over at the Blazing Dice blog.

Its always good to meet up with old friends in the hobby , and hopefully make some ones as well.

The sight and sound of the Vulcan bomber over South Bay was wonderful.- it sure emptied the hall when it turned up. (aircraft picture credits to fastolfrun on LAF)







I picked up some stash..more than intended , so some traders had a good day from me

 I picked the rest of the Scale 75 Paints from the nice people at Northumbrian Tin Soldier
 The usuall stock up from Andy and Jon at "Ainsty" - you cant have too many boxes and sacks can you.

 Some rather nice dice tray boxes from KR which helped to keep the table nice and tidy for photographs

 A naval game - because it was in the bargain price bin! and I felt sorry for it..

A signed copy of of the book "Scapegoat"  after listening to the authors presentation. This was a new area for the show this weekend - it has some potential i think , although perhaps may need to think about the time of the day , as i had to leave off umpiring for 45 mins to catch it.

Overall an excellent weekend was had

No comments:

Post a Comment