Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Sudan - Field Hospital

I received some very nice resin bell tents from fellow blogger Millsy (Canister & Grape blog) as a result of our race to 2500 points in the Painting Challenge. These are by Grand Manner, who will also be getting an order for some ridge tents and Nile steamer very shortly.

The ambulance camels complete with two stretcher cases are by Redoubt, and I have added a Medical Officer using the Empress Zulu war set - the casualty had to have the tunic cuff detail removed with a file. I will source a few more casualties and medics to add to this as things go on. It will give the Imperial forces something to have to defend.





11 comments:

  1. Great stuff and goodly conversion work.

    Do you know who makes the resin tents? They look excellent and I'm guessing Grand Manner?

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice figures and one of my favourite periods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tremendous, I do like all the fiddly bits best, probably why I never finish anything! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes... me too I like adding fiddly bits

      Delete
  4. The tents look great mate. And a damn sight more comfortable than the ambulances too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We yes .. I think I would crawl...mind I need some of the more upright version too...

      Delete